Tom Yum is known for its spicy, sour, savory, and addictive! Trust me that one sip is NOT ENOUGH! Besides, Tom Yum is the BEST and most authentic Thai dish. Not to mention how easy it is to make.
In Thailand, it is called Tom Yum Goong where 'Goong' means 'Prawn' in Thai. There goes along with the specialty of this recipe that uses our signature Black Tiger Prawn. Erm...I guess enough talking, let's start cooking, shall we?
- Black Tiger Prawn, shell on, head on if possible
- Chicken Breast (or other protein of your choice)
- A cup or more of chopped tomatoes
- A handful of coriander or cilantro
- 5-6 kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Thai chilies, to taste
- 10 pieces of galangal, cut into thin round
- 2-3 stalks lemongrass
- 2-3 cups of mushroom
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup tom yum paste
- 4 cups of water
- Bring the water to simmer, then add tomatoes, lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, chilies, mushroom, and chicken breast.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tom yum paste and fish sauce, and stir to dissolve the paste.
- Bring it to boil and add prawn and cook just until done, 30 seconds or so.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down slightly, just for a minute.
- Then, add lime juice while stirring.
- Stir in sawtooth coriander or cilantro, then taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
There you go, the authentic Thai dish is ready to serve. It is good to have it with steaming hot white rice.
Grab our freshest Black Tiger Prawn at www.sejadi.com to create this delicious meal!