If you’ve never made homemade mac and cheese before, it can seem a bit daunting. But don’t worry, we’ll break it down and take it step by step! It will be more fun because we are using Meg Cheese in this recipe!
- 8 ounces of macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups Meg Cheddar Cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Then, drain the macaroni.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour milk into a butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted 2 to 4 minutes. Fold the macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
Enjoy this mac and cheese with your family and friends. Get Meg Cheese on our website!