Treat yourself with this super moist sponge cake with a hint of sweetness from honey! Honey gives the natural sweetness that compliments the cake. Let’s try to bake this delicious cake!
- 2-3 tbsp Gold Dorsata Honey
- 4 medium-sized eggs, room temperature
- 110g sugar
- 100g strong flour
- Firstly, add the sugar and beat with an electric mixer over boiling water in a double boiler on high speed for 6 minutes.
- Then, add the honey into the egg mixture and whisk on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Gradually add the flour into the mixture and whisk on medium speed. Do not overmix the mixture that will lead to a fallen or flat cake.
- Pour the mixture in a parchment baking tin. Draw a zigzag line to remove any large air bubbles from the batter with a skewer.
- Bake at 180°C in a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes until the top turns a rich brown. Then quickly cover it with cooking foil and lower the temperature to 170°C and continue baking. It will take about 55 minutes in total. Test with a skewer, when it comes out clean the cake is done.
- When done, take the cake out from the tin and immediately cover the surface with cling film.
- Turn the cake over onto a flat plate and while it is still hot put it in a plastic bag and leave it for 12 hours so that the cake will have a moist texture.
A dark brown top and bottom crusts with a creamy yellow center give a beautiful contrast to the sponge cake. This delicate cake is very moist, smooth, bouncy, and has just enough sweetness with a fragrance of honey.
Do you want to start baking but don’t know where to get the honey? Grab Dorsata Honey at www.sejadi.com Happy baking!